Passing on Faith
- Live your faith let others especially your children, see you pray and study the Word of Elohim(God). Mark 8:38 Study the Word of Elohim with your children and for them. Testify to your children not only of your victories of life but also your failures and disappointments. So as to teach them not to fall into the same situations. Show how the Word might have helped you avoid some of our past pitfalls.
2. By our example how we handle current crises, children emulate our response. Let them see us seek our answers from scripture. Are we bound by credit card debt? Are we bound by smoking? Gambling? If we are under bondage, we will pass that on to our children.
By the Word we can over come all things. Phillippians 4:13 I can do all things through Messiah who strengtheneth me. Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
3. Be consistent in your trust of Elohim no matter the situation or current circumstance. Your children are watching you for your faith. Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)
James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. Read the rest and 7 also.
James is referring to a conditional promise. Hebrews 11 is giving examples of faith and of our stead fastness. The Father is no respect of persons. 2 Samuel 14:14; 2 Chronicles 19:7; Romans 2:11; Ephisians 6:9; Colossians 3:25; I Peter 1:17.
- Praise Yahuweh for answered prayer. Show your children the result or how the Father moved on the situation. Show the Word of Yahuweh you stood on. Strengthen your children’s conviction by your faith and the Fathers results.
5. Don’t always jump to relieve your child’s situation without prayer to determine the Fathers purpose in their life. Proverbs 1:2-4 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; 3. To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; 4. To give subtlety to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
Proverbs 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Proverbs 2:1-9 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2. So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 3. Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4. If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5. Then shalt thou understand the fear of Yahuweh, and find the knowledge of God.
Read All the passages in Proverbs chapters 1,2, & 3
Pass your Faith on to others espicially your children.