Knowledge, Understanding, & Wisdom
The Word is knowledge, the Spirit gives us understanding, that divine influence upon our hearts and the reflection in life, is the wisdom.
Covetous is spiritual shortsightedness, last of the Ten commandments, the one that causes you to break the other nine.
The story in Genesis 25 of Esau and Jacob is just one of many biblical examples.
- Blinds you to the true value of things in life.
- Allows your appetites to rule you more than the Spirit of God.
- Makes, you insist on immediate fulfillment of your desires.
- Your focus becomes on things temporal and not on things eternal.
- You will make irrevocable decisions in times of weakness, without stopping to ask God.
- You have little or no respect for spiritual things.
- You will fail to consider the consequences of your actions.
Do you, when you're hungry, angry, lonely or tired let satan in. That's just when you're most vulnerable.
Are you able to mortify the deeds of the flesh? Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5
All spiritual shortsightedness is your weakness in the flesh, but, by the Spirit, our weapons are mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. II Corinthians 10:4
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, They are the sons of God.
II Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, (reasonings), and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Messiah;
Be careful; For all seek their own, not the things which are Yahushua Messiah's. Phillipians 2:21
I Peter 5:5-10; Philippians 4:12-13; Philippians 4:19;
Philippians 5:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God, 7 and the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Yahushua Messiah.
Numbers 6:26 Yahuweh lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Halle lu YAH to the Lamb of God